Monday, February 23, 2009

A Good Infection?

The winter time of year is amazingly rich in various infections; colds, flu, sinus or respiratory infections. However, the worst kind of infection is an attitude infection. Have you ever worked with, or lived with, or had a neighbor that could bring down the most positive part of your being? Have you ever worked on bringing someone else down? All of us being human, I'm unsure if we can avoid sharing negativity all together.

Jacques Cousteau is quoted as saying:
If we were logical, the future would be bleak indeed. But we are more than logical. We are human beings, and we have faith, and we have hope, and we can work.

That sounds like a good antidote for a negatively infected world. In our own little corner of the world, should we bring faith and hope into our work and leisure, we then become a good infection. If someone you come across has a sour attitude, what would your smile and kind words do for that person? I don't know either, but if for a brief moment that person was able to leave the prison of negative self affliction because you were there, great change will have taken place. It is said, that it is difficult to soar with eagles when you work with turkeys, yet remember, only an eagle can soar with an eagle. Our choice is powerful stuff.

In my quest to becoming My Best Me possible, I am constantly challenged by my external world and its attitude, and I do really appreciate my choice, this world will be slightly better because I have travelled here.

No comments:

Post a Comment