Saturday, March 21, 2009

You are courageous indeed

I was reading an article on the DailyOm website and the article was titled Remembering Who We Are.

Many thoughts of our world today popped into my mind. Mostly the troubling parts, the wars, economy, suffering, stress, tension and more. The article shifted my focus dramatically. It said, "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience."

And that seems to me that we have this whole thing backwards. I have heard it said, in the beginning, God created man in his own image, and quickly mankind turned around and returned the favor by creating God in its own image. So humankind has forgotten who it really is, a being of eternal nature with infinite potential. We limit ourselves to the here and now and forget that there are no limits. I forget on a regular basis and as a result I get to feel the negative effects on my corner of the world.

The article continues with:
"As spiritual beings, we are visitors in this physical realm. The fact that we came here and lost all memory of what happened to us before we were born is one of the many reasons that it takes so much courage for a soul to incarnate on earth. This is why spiritual inquiry so often feels like a remembering—because it is."

The part that stopped me was the reference to courage. True courage incorporates the depths of the soul. How courageous you are working so hard to provide for your family. How courageous you are to sacrifice. How courageous you are to see your sons and daughters go to fight overseas.

On this earthly plane, we don't seem to get many answers. Search your soul, see your big picture, and remember that you are more than any earthly problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment